Mini-Kickers continue to develop their fundamental soccer skills with Steel trainers. Mini-Kicker sessions are co-ed, and they meet for a 1 hour session each Saturday around 8:30am. Sessions consist of fun games and skills followed by 30 minutes of scrimmage.
Kickers are our oldest pre-schoolers. Kicker sessions meet once per week for an hour with Steel Soccer trainers. You choose the day of the week to practice when you register. Sessions consist of lots of touches on the ball and continued development of fundamental skills, followed by 30 minutes of scrimmage.
Kickers have one weekday practice (on the day you choose, Mon-Thu) at 4pm and one weekend game session on Saturdays, typically around 9:30a or 10am.
The Academy program is the last age grouping leading into Cougar Travel Teams. Our Academy players continue to build on the fundamentals of the game. They meet with Steel trainers twice a week for one hour training sessions. They play modified, small sided games against other Academy teams on Saturdays. The players are introduced to rules, positions and real game play. Sportsmanship and team play are emphasized. The games are refereed by the same trainers the players practice with during the week, and supervised by volunteer parent coaches.
Academy boys and girls have two weekday practices (you choose either Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs) at 5pm and one weekend game session on Saturdays around 11:30am.
General Academy Notes
- Saturday game session times noted above are approximate and can vary slightly based on the number of kids in the program that season
- Academy Fall
- Runs for 8-10 weeks typically starting the week after Labor Day
- Registration opens up in late July
- Academy Spring
- Runs for 8-10 weeks typically starting mid April
- Registration opens up in late February
- Program Fees
- U8: $350
- U6U7: $260
- Mini-Kickers: $200
- Fees include uniform, but do not include a $20 Town Field Usage Fee per player
Looking for programs for players 9 to 19? Check out our Travel Program.