We hope that families are well and coping through this difficult time as best as possible.
Last night, Mike Mingenelli and I met virtually with the leaders of neighboring soccer clubs as well as NJ Youth Soccer. The topics that each soccer body (and likely all sports) are dealing with right now are consistent and so it was helpful for us to talk thru them as a group.
Some of the headlines for everyone:
- Do you think that it’s likely we will get a Spring season in?
- We would just like to get our children out playing some soccer at least for some period of time
- How long could a season continue?
- How would you address Try-Outs for Fall and when?
- How are you handling Training & Trainers? Virtual sessions?
- If we don’t have a Spring season, how is each club approaching refunds/credits?
As Soccer Clubs, we are hopeful that we’ll be able to start at some point even if it is as basic as playing our neighboring towns in friendlies.
The predicament is that we’re all in right now is the uncertainty. As Clubs, we don’t want to pull out of the leagues/schedules that have been established for the Spring as that would have substantial impacts on the sport, the leagues and competing clubs in addition to our own.
We hope to make decisions on the future of the Spring season, Fall Try-Outs, Fall season, and Tournaments in the next couple weeks as we determine the viability of playing this season.
Thank you and stay safe!
President of Cougar Soccer Club
- West Orange
- Mount Olive
- Florham Park
- Glen Rock
- NJ Youth Soccer