The Cougar SC Board continues to meet virtually to discuss the Spring season.

We are currently monitoring the guidelines from the Federal and State Governments as well as US Club Soccer and NCSA which has all activities postponed thru at least April 30th.   We will continue to provide updates as information changes.

  • Academy (U4 to U8)  – Postponed thru April 30th 
  • Travel (U9 to U19) – League Postponed thru April 30th.  Training Start is TBD
  • Travel Try-Outs for Fall 2020/Spring 2021 – Schedule is TBD
  • Memorial Day Tournament – Still Scheduled

The Club Board will address monetary adjustments & refunds once the impact is known.

Reminder that ALL Cougar Board members are volunteers and that we’re all consumed with the on-going chaos of change & unknown and we’re focused on our families, friends, neighbors and our work and so response to emails will likely be delayed.

Thx

Henry Sands

 

March 12th Update:

Given the current environment with COVID-19, ALL training & games were canceled as of Thursday, March 12th until further notice.  We will be following the guidance of all levels of the government and our health agencies.

The Club would like to believe that the Spring season will occur but obviously, at this point it’s difficult.

We can provide the following guidance:

  • Academy (U4 to U8)  – Postponed until April 20th 
  • Travel (U9 to U19) – League Postponed until April 19th.  Training Start is TBD
  • Travel Try-Outs for Fall 2020/Spring 2021 – Schedule is TBD
  • Memorial Day Tournament – Scheduled

The Club Board will address monetary adjustments & refunds once the impact is known.

Reminder that ALL Cougar Board members are volunteers and that we’re all consumed with the on-going chaos of change & unknown and we’re focused on our families, friends, neighbors and our work and so response to emails will likely be delayed.

Thank You

Henry Sands


See below for the message from Northern County (NCSA) – League Travel

MARCH 12, 2020

Clubs, Coaches, Managers, Players, Parents, Referees, and our NCSA Community

With the increase in cases of the COVID-19 virus in the New Jersey and New York area and based on the guidance we have received from local health agencies, NCSA has postponed the start of our season to April 19, 2020. We are in unchartered waters with this global pandemic and hopefully over the next few weeks we can begin to get back to a new normal. The safety of our players, coaches, parents, referees and our NCSA community are our number one priority. We will continue to monitor and assess the situation and will send out additional alerts as needed to keep you all informed.

Details concerning the rescheduling of games will be communicated directly with Club Officials. We will not be processing requests to schedule games until the league has communicated with clubs the specific process that will be used.

It is our hope that in the coming weeks we will have more clarity on the entire situation and be able to provide more updates on the status of the Spring season.

 

Dennis J. Burns President

Northern Counties Soccer Association